Questions regarding patent law are often complicated and require access to qualified experts. There is a need for as well technical as legal knowledge. It is therefore common that patent law matters of an enterprise are handled by patent attorneys, working for instance at law offices or patent agencies.
A patent attorney may be authorised. You apply for authorisation with the Swedish Patent Attorneys Board.
Requirements for authorisation
To obtain the authorisation you must
- have an adequate theoretical degree and professional experience
- have passed the knowledge test for the authorisation
- be working as a patent attorney and
- be honest and in general be suitable to work as a patent attorney.
You must not
- be under age
- be declared bankrupt
- be prohibited against carrying on business
- have a custodian pursuant to Article 11, section 7 of the Parental Code.